JOB TITLE: Sexual Assault Diversity Coordinator
South Valley Services is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide safe shelter and supportive services to anyone experiencing psychological, physical, emotional, economic or sexual abuse at home. South Valley Services’ programs aim to empower individuals and communities to recognize their self-worth and to develop the necessary skills to reach their greatest potential, contributing to the collective wellbeing of the community.
The Community Resource Centers offer case management and referral services to domestic violence victims and local families using a coordinated community response model across multiple disciplines. The Community Resource Centers’ main offices are located in Riverton and West Jordan and have satellite offices located in various libraries across Salt Lake County to make services more accessible to residents of the community.
The Sexual Assault Diversity Coordinator is responsible for the provision of culturally sensitive case management services to primary and secondary victims of domestic violence, dating violence, stalking or sexual assault who belong to minority populations. The Sexual Assault Diversity Coordinator empowers and supports victims as they work on their action/safety plans. This position works collaboratively with other agency staff and community
service providers to ensure the safety, security and well‐being of primary and secondary victims of domestic violence, dating violence, stalking or sexual assault.
Full‐time Hourly (Non‐exempt, 40 hours per week)
• Ability to pass a background check
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook Programs
• Valid Driver License, up to date auto insurance, reliable transportation
• Ability to travel to satellite offices daily from West Jordan
• Knowledge of community resources
• Strong public relations skills, ability to speak before large audiences, and able to actively
participate in community engagement
• Ability to work sensitively and effectively with various populations
• Bachelors Degree in human services field or closely related or a current college student
Junior or senior year in the field of social work, behavioral science or closely related.
• A minimum of two years case management experience working in the field of domestic
violence and/experience working with families in crisis/equivalent education and
$16.00 per hour
Directly Reports to the Community Resource Center Director
1. Assess the needs and goals of adults who are primary or secondary victims of
domestic violence, dating violence, stalking or sexual assault.
2. Provide resources and services specifically designed to meet the needs of crime
3. Work in the main offices and satellite offices to provide case management to
residents of the South Valley Services domestic violence shelter and community
clients across Salt Lake County.
4. Provide clients with case management services, including but not limited to;
development of safety and action plan, initial case management assessment, referral
services, advocacy, assist in identifying barriers and resources, etc.
5. Maintain case management notes and documentation in compliance with Family
Violence Prevention and Services Act, Victims of Crime Act, and Violence Against
Women Act confidentiality mandates.
6. Promote high ethical and professional standards in all relationships and activities
Interested parties can apply be emailing resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org