JOB TITLE: Development Director
South Valley Services is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a variety of options to anyone experiencing family violence. Our programs aim to empower individuals and communities to recognize their self-worth and to develop the necessary skills to reach their greatest potential, contributing to the collective wellbeing of our community. We believe advocacy, prevention and safety are the primary tools in the process of eliminating domestic violence. SVS has three programs to fulfill our mission: shelter, community resource centers and prevention/outreach.
POSITION: The Development Director serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting the organization. in partnership with the Executive Director this position is responsible for all fundraising and development activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to grow South Valley Services impact and financial resources. The Development Director is responsible for the development and execution of strategies to cultivate, solicit, and steward philanthropic support from individuals, corporations and foundations. The Development Director will have primary responsibility to manage the infrastructure needed to sustain and grow our budget through major gifts, individual gifts, grants, corporate and foundation support, and sponsorships. The Development Director will expand and diversify South Valley Services donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. In addition, the Development Director will work closely with the Board of Directors and support board members as they take on a more active fundraising role.
The position is full-time and exempt, with full benefits.
- 7-10 years of direct fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated success in leading major fundraising initiatives or comparable activities.
- Proven ability to direct, lead, coach and mentor team in achieving organizational goals.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and engaging relationships.
- Knowledge of gift tracking/processing, technical-based fundraising strategies, donor relations and data management.
- Strong public and persuasive presentations skills in one-on-one, small and large-group settings.
- Ability to work with diverse groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field (e.g. business, communications, nonprofit management, etc,)
- Proficient with Google and Microsoft Suites.
- Valid Driver License, Up to Date auto insurance, reliable transportation
- Donor management software experience (Donor Perfect preferred)
- Ability to pass a background check.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Directly Reports to the Executive Director
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats, with others in person, over the phone and via other devices. The employee must be able to transcribe, read extensively, prepare and analyze data and figures, operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The employee is required to travel regularly to locations outside of South Valley Services facilities to set up displays and presentations in both physical and electronic forms. The employee must have the ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Persistent focus on gaining the resources necessary to support objectives.
- Building and expanding the network of donors; is visible and known in the community.
- Identifies new ways to drive and generate revenue, engage board members, and secure new prospects.
- Exceptional interpersonal relationships through personable, punctual, trustworthy behavior.
- Ambitious, yet realistic in setting goals; when confronted with obstacles, comes back with a new approach and strategy to succeed; conveys energy and passion for South Valley Services’ work.
- Donor-Focused, listening to the needs, interests, and passions of the donor with an eye to connecting them with South Valley Services’ work.
- Identify and engage with, adapt to, and motivate various types of people and organizations.
- Persuasive at promoting an idea or vision; persuades others to take action; ability to read an audience; focused on helping every donor maximize their lifetime donor value.
- Does not look to short term wins if it jeopardizes the long-term relationship with donors.
- Passionate about data and making data driven decisions.
- Present complete information into a simple and compelling message for maximum clarity, understanding, and impact.
- Active listener- is open to new ideas and diverse opinions.
- Effectively work across departments, teams, and groups.
- Considers the appropriate method, timing, and venue for delivering a message or information appropriate to the target audience; adjust communication style to anticipate audience needs.
- Facilitates change while maintaining positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Fosters an environment of innovation and change and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals; embraces and supports change initiatives.
- Flexible in uncomfortable situations and willing to accept feedback.
- Identifies and anticipates and adapts to changing market trends and business needs; understands challenges and opportunities in the business environment; has a solid understanding of South Valley Services products and services.
- Develop and execute South Valley Sanctuary’s annual fundraising plan
- Oversee the government, foundation, corporate and individual grants, and request letters, funding reports and funding received correspondence letters.
- Work with Executive Director and Accountant to create fiscal year budget for Board of Director’s approval.
- Be available to give interviews on South Valley Services programs and events. Present at major funding hearings/meetings.
- Overseeing organization of special events related to Fund Raising
- Work within all departments in developing, researching, and acquiring funding for new programs for South Valley Services
- Maintaining Donor Perfect Database
- Researching prospective donors
- Newsletters and annual reports
- Mailings Writing and uploading website content
- Lead, manage and inspire a team of development staff including supervision of the:
- Grants Administrator-responsible for database management, annual giving and crowdfunding efforts
Please send resumes with a cover letter at or before June 12th, 2020 to email@example.com